Monday, May 8, 2017

"It's a String Thing" #193 Tiles for Lily

We set out to honor Lily Moon this week, a truly inspirational member of our community.  We used a string inspired by Lily's own mark along with patterns that she created.  Tangling little tributes with her very own tangles was our way of connecting with her across miles and countries and languages.

The tiles and notes will be posted without the usual Tangling Tidbits.  These precious gifts for Lily and will simply be listed.

The first tile arrived from Ilse Lukken (The Netherlands) and here on her blog ~
Lovely idea to support Lily!



From Lisette (Switzerland) ~
...And thank you for giving us the opportunity to show our sympathy for Lily. In situations like this we feel so helpless. It was a relief to draw this tangle. I hope that we can give a bit of solace to Lily with our tiles.
Love to everybody and especially Lily




From Anita Aspfors Westin (Rattvik, Sweden) and here on her blog ~
Long time no seen! But now I am back again after a busy period with exhibition an you name it. This is my entry for IAST 193 as a tribute to Lily Moon Luna. I used Drogon, Andante, Reel and fragments from Amphora. And some Tipple to. 


From Simone Menzel, CZT (Germany) and here on her blog ~
thank you so much for this great idea to dedicate the IAST challenge to Lily Moon!
I am sure that this will help her a tiny little bit, to know that she is not alone with her difficult times and to know that many people are with her in our thoughts.
I have never written such thoughts in English and I can only hope that I can express my mind sufficiently.





From Lynn Gotham (Florida) ~
I used Lilly's Andante, Valentine and Dragon. My best to her and her family.


From Shirley Wohlson (Queensland, Australia) ~
I dedicate my “ It’s A String Thing #193” tile - to you Lily Moon,
And thank you for your wonderful tangles.
So sad to read of your pain, Lily, I know words won’t heal what you and your family are going through,
But I just wish to let you know you are in my thoughts, Take Care,


From Ria Matheussen (Belgium) ~
Here is my entry for this special challenge.
Lily has showed us gorgeous work and has designed beautiful patterns. I'm grateful for her great contribution to the Zentangleworld. It is so sad what is happening.
Dear Adele, it is very kind of you to dedicate this challenge to her and I'm glad to join.
Our thoughts are with Lily.
Kind regards from Belgium



From Trudi (Woodview, Ontario, Canada) ~
...I thought a lot about Lily and her daughter and granddaughter as I was doing this and they are in my prayers. I hope our love gives them strength in these difficult times.


A very warm welcome to new CZT Victoria McMillen (Texas) ~
Hi this is my first submission to IAST. I attended CZT26 and it is exciting to start my CZT journey. These weekly challenges are very good practice for me. I have so much to learn yet.

Welcome to the CZT family, to our IAST community, and to our tangled map, Victoria.




From Karen Aicken (Alberta, Canada) and here on her blog ~
Such a lovely challenge this week, I was grateful to have some time to play along. After adding Lily’s Adante and Lily’s Valentine, I also added some Mooka as I like the way it resembles a heart. Ruutz to signify how deep the roots go on our Zentangle community.
Karen followed up with this note:
Once I finished the tile for Lily, I decided to add some colour and put it on a card...



From Vonnie Schnieder (Minnesota) ~



From Sra (India) ~
Here's my entry for IAST 193. I wish Lily the very best and hope things work out for her and for her family and am keeping her in my thoughts.



From Gabriela Garcia (Alberta, Canada) and here on her blog ~
... Dear Lily Moon, I have been and admirer of your work for quiet some time. I can stay hours looking at your Amazing tiles trying to understand how you created such depth and beauty. you are truly an amazing Artist. You have been in my mind and in my prayers since I read your post last week. May Your heart feel our prayers and feel embraced by peace and strength and please know that you are very much loved by all the Zentangle community.




From Mariam G (Port Hueneme, California) ~
This is for Miss Lily Moon. I am one who has admired (and been inspired by) her beautiful tangles for a while now, and feel almost as if I know her through her art. Here is hoping that all the love and prayers being directed toward her and her family will help them find their way during this difficult time.
Lily - hold one another close - God bless you all.




From Annette P., aka LonettA - (Verl, Germany) ~
thank you so much for this challenge for Lily and thank you for your wonderful string.
I hope all tiles of this challenge will be a little consolation for Lily.
Dear Lily, my thoughts are with you!
Zen-hugs



From Jutta Gladnigg (NRW, Germany) ~
...All my best wishes from the heart for Lily and her family🙏🏻❤️💖❣️




From Joke Leussenkamp (Eibergen, The Netherlands) ~
I surely hope all these tangles are an embrace for Lily Moon, simply to give some comfort and strength.



From Jami (Ohio) ~
I have not contributed in awhile, because I rarely finish my tiles on time. I wanted to finish this one for Lily, who has been a great inspiration to us all with her beautiful art. My heart and prayers are with you.


From Gudrun S. (Germany, BW) ~
a tile with love for Lilly Moon.


From Veena (Redman, Washington) ~
I have admired Lily Moon’s work for a while now. However, I had never tried any of the suggested tangles before. Thanks to you, I now have 4 more tangles in my armory
Sending love and best wishes to Lily and her family…


From Susie (Thailand) ~
...Your idea to dedicate IAST Challenge 193 to Lily Moon and using her mark as a string and her patterns to fill that string is magnificent. I think there is no better message to send to Lily to let her know, she is in our thoughts and in our tiles....






From Tonia Croce (Rhode Island) ~
I really enjoyed this challenge, not just because of supporting a fellow tangler, but because of the lovely tangles that were chosen. I especially like #Drogon and #andante. Spacing seems to be key with #Lilly's Valentine.

To Lily: I read your post. I'm very sad to hear about your daughter's situation. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope the support from this community helps you in some way. You and your family are in my prayers.


From Karin (Germany) ~
this is my submission for this week.
It is a great gesture from you to dedicade this challege to Lily Moon.
I added your pattern “Cack” to my tile because I think it is a symbol that life always goes on. The many little bubbles stand for the great community of tanglers who stand behind Lily to support her with best wishes.Greetings from Germany!


From Ingrid (The Netherlands) ~
My heartfelt sympathy and love go out for Lily. I hope God is with her in these hard times.


From Thekla (Berlin, Germany) ~
Hello and here is my IAST-193- Zentangle.
With Andromedar, Alhambra, Reel, Drogon and Amphora from Lily Moon with respect for Lily Moon.


From Anna Houston, CZT 12 (British Columbia, Canada) ~
...Please excuse my prolonged absence. I have no valid excuse. But when I read of Lily's hardships, I had to send an entry to let her know even strangers care and think about her and her family.


From Michele Wynne (California) ~
...Thank you for dedicating this week's challenge on our friend and inspiration Lily Moon.
As I drew this, I thought about Lily and the lovely show of support from the Zentangle community.
I wish Lily and her family Peace, Love and Light represented by the 3 hearts.Appreciation and gratitude to you both, Lily and Adele


From Donna, CZT (Pennsylvania) ~
Every stroke of my pen sends comfort and prayers to Lily and her family.May the outpouring of love and support from the Zentangle community bring strength,solace and peace.
I did include Lily's Valentine and Andante but added others created by Lily, Lealada and Andromeda. Peace Be...


From Lovelygiraffe (Japan) and on her Instagram ~
here is my tile for your weekly challenge. Lily Moon's work is a goal from the time I started zentangle and I adore. This string and Tangle were a very fun challenge.



From Cyndee Pelley (Oaklahoma) and here on her blog ~
...This was a wonderful challenge this week as I've been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and caring from our Tangled community for sweet Lily! What a tragedy that will require courage and strength to withstand. In addition to courage and strength, I would wish her peace for the long, lonely nights in which she may despair. Words can't help but knowing the support of this community is a thing larger than the darkness. You and your family are in my thoughts and will not be forgotten! Many blessings!My tile includes, andante, reel, andromeda, and I am not sure on the hearts in the center but I know it's Lily's Tangle.


From Renee (Tennessee) and on her Instagram ~



From Barbara (Germany) ~
...To support Lily Moon comes here my tile....Greetings from Germany


From Heidi Whitely (Salt Lake City, Utah) ~
How wonderful of you to dedicate the String Thing to Lily this week. Life comes in kind of messy at times, and within a few days of learning about Lily's troubles, a close loved one of mine got some really bad news about a family member, and some former acquaintances lost a son in a car accident, so as I was selecting a tile, and finding a way to create this, I was grieving for many people. And it was wonderful to add my prayer energy to all the thoughts and prayers for Lily this week.

I chose a coffee stained tile from a former Diva challenge, and specifically this one because it was quite messy looking. I didn't try to incorporate the stains and sloshes into the design at all, which is not my usual trend...because sometimes it takes a while before you see how the dark bits fit in with your life. And sometimes life is messy and it doesn't look well designed at all.

It was difficult to like this piece, but in the end, I can see lots of hearts, even where I didn't intend hearts to be, and there's a definite "vibe" of the heart(s) active and energetic, even though broken, or with holes in the middle. And sometimes the connections unravel and flap in the gusts, and under our feet, the ground is uneven...
So, even though I still think this piece is messy looking, it has a sense of keeping going, even through the dark spots and stains. Sort of like life.



From Felicity Strohfeldt (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Dear Lily
Your work is an inspiration to me and I’m sure also to all the zentanglers, who dabble in this amazing art form. I look forward to seeing your entry each week of Adele’s weekly challenge. Your patterns are magnificent and your artistic drawings vibrate with movement and striking colours. This week, Adele’s string of your mark certainly lends itself to the patterns Drogon, Reel, Lily’s Valentine and Andante, that she chose.
Please know, that all are thinking about you during your stressful and worrying time with your daughter. Praying for strength and faith to sustain you in now and in the future Certainly, I cannot put myself in your shoes, but I will keep you in my prayers every day.
Love
Felicity
Happy tangling Adele and all the other faithful participants


From the new CZT, Sharyn Penna (Massachusetts) ~
Lily and family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.Hold courage and faith close, Lily!


From Kate Ahrens (Minnesota) ~
...I so admire Lily's work and wanted to wish her all the best as she goes through this difficult time. Attached is my tile for IAST #193, with love.


This is my tile, tangled with love and prayers for you and your family, Lily, trusting always in God's Providence.  Thank you for sharing your brilliant talent with us ~



From Marla Mendenhall (California) ~
Adele, I was really touched by by this week's challenge, but not the least surprised by your generous spirit in dedicating it to Lily. She is my second favorite ZT artist (Aside from yourself, of course!) and now I have so much more to admire about her ... sadly. What an inspiring lady. In Tile #1 I added her Andromeda, my new favorite go-to for "Now, what can I put in this little space?"
I'm also sending along a sampler I did of all her patterns, those I could find anyway. Just a small tribute to her talent and the love and respect I have for her. I hope she knows how precious she is to our community.
We conclude with Marla's fabulous and thoughtful tribute to Lily and her work ~


I am confident that Lily will feel this outpouring of admiration, love, and prayerful support.
Thank you all!


Check back tomorrow afternoon for "It's a String Thing" #194.










2 comments:

  1. Dear Adele! Thank you very much for this generous challenge. The support of zentangle community means a lot to me. You all give me strength. Thank you everyone all of your support with these magically beautiful tiles and your lovely words. You all are incredibly kind... God bless everyone... 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the round-up. I hope things have improved for Lily and that she finds some cheer from this. - Sra

    ReplyDelete